Sunday, January 24, 2010

Essay.


My english essay :  Just finished everything. It took me 2 hours to finish this whole shit.

I woke up one morning feeling really blur. I was having a dream the night before. It was about my future. My parents have been planning it for quite awhile now. The plan is to go overseas and do my foundation there with my boyfriend. It’s my parents dream for me to be a successful business woman one day. But never mine. I am just doing it to please them. The only good thing going on with my life now is my boyfriend. His name is Nathaniel. Everyone refers to him as Nate but I refer him as the most irratating, rude, self-centered person in the whole wide world but yet I am in love with him. He is the only person that I trust in this world.


Both of us came from an entirely different family background. His family is very supportive and encaurages him to do what he wants to do. My family is different. It was like he was from Mars and I am from this weird undiscovered planet. As the morning sun broke on the 31st of December. I felt really out of place. It was as if my life is going to change drastically. It is going to change soon. I can feel it but I did’nt know it will feel this way. As I walk down the stairs of my house. My mother was standing at the bottom of tha stairs greeting me Happy Birthday. At that moment, I thought my mother was having a fever . I replied her ‘what are you talking about?’ She said it’s my birthday today and asked me whether am I alright. She was worried because a girl never forgets her 18th birthday. But I said I was alright and just needed to be more awake.

I went out that day with Nate. We went to the beach and just sat at the beach and watched the sunset. He walked me home and he told me that I look ugly and I told him that he was vertically and horizontally disfigured and he kissed me on my lips and left. It was the 289th kiss after 2 years dating and each kiss still feels the same. The feeling of butterflies fluttering in your stomach , your heart beating a thousand times faster and your palms sweating like you just washed your hands. That was the feeling I get everytime I am with him. It is one of the most hateful feeling ever yet I like it.

There was 2 more months before I was going to leave the country. I spent my time mostly packing and doing last minute form fillings. By the time I knew it. I was out of the country and doing my foundation with Nate. I was enjoying my time meeting new people and enjoying every moment of finally flying out from my parents nest that I have been living for the pass 18 years of my life. It was fantastic until something happened.

One day, I was watching television at the universities entertainment room. Nate told me that he was going out to get some groceries to cook dinner and he told me to stay. He kissed me for the 400th time and left. Two hours passed, I was starting to get worried why was’nt he back yet. The grocers was just a few blocks away. I decided that I should go to the grocers and find him. As I stepped out of the entertainment room. My friend Allie grabbed hold of me and started crying. I kept asking her why and she blurted out that Nate got shot infront of the university by some gang members and died. I was stunned. I did not cry because I just could’nt. I felt as if someone has just stabbed my heart with a million tiny pieces of shattered glass and it hurts so badly that the blood did not gush out.

After one minute of just standing there, stunned. I started running. I took a cab to the nearby hospital that he was sent. I ran towards the mortuary. They took out his body and asked me to identify it. When I saw his body. I started crying. I felt like I lost the person that I love most in the world and he is not going to insult me every again. I felt like I lost my other half, the bones of my body was gone. My soulmate was gone and that was that last time I saw him.

No comments:

Post a Comment